Fátima (Meio-Dia)The Cooltours - Lisbon
Includes the house of the Young Shepherds
This tour is exclusively dedicated to the region of Fatima and its most emblematic places that are part of the origin of the religious phenomenon. On arrival at Fatima you can visit the Sanctuary, a place of enormous symbolism. It was here that between 1916 and 1917 the figure of Our Lady presented herself to the Three Shepherds to communicate a set of revelations.
In Fátima there is much to see, namely the Chapel of the Apparitions that marks the most precise place where they happened. Today, space has become an impressive place of faith and it is practically impossible to remain indifferent to the energy that hangs in the air, even for non-believers. There are two basilicas here: the one of Our Lady of the Rosary, older, made of stone and marble in neo-baroque style.
The Holy Trinity Basilica is much more recent (2007) being the fourth largest Catholic temple in the world in capacity. You can still visit the Pastorinhos houses (the house of Francisco and Jacinta Marto and the house of Lucia), in the locality of Aljustrel. In this space we can find a faithful reconstruction of scenes from other times using old objects such as family photographs, clothes, kitchen utensils, furniture, among others. A walk through the faith and history of one of the most famous places in Portugal ...
- In the Region
• Hotel pickup (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of Lisbon city center. It may be required to get to a meeting point for pick-up.
• Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
• Small-group tour (8 people max.)
• Informal local guide / driver
• Transport by air-conditioned minivan
• Live commentary on board
• Entrance to the old houses where the 3 shepherd children lived
• 9:00 - Departure from Lisbon
• 10:30 to 11:10 - Guided visit at the Three Shepherds old houses
• 11:20 - Arrival to Fátima Sanctuary (free time to attend mass, to purchase souvenirs, and explore the area)
• 13:00 - Return to Lisbon
• 14:30 - Drop-off at Marquês de Pombal or Restauradores square
• All these times and duration are approximate (+/- 10 min.)
• Departure time from Lisbon, counts from the last pick-up; starts at 8:00.
• Please be aware that we only stay in Fátima Sanctuary for 1 Hour and 45 minutes.